Monday, February 22, 2010

Radiation, take two

NPO this morning didn't make me want to fork myself in the eye, so I guess that was nice.

The beauty of radiation-oncology is that they run on time. We were in and out in two hours. The hairy mole on its beautiful face is the actual radiation.

Eve's port was accessed for labs, and then she was hooked up to some fluids in the event that her blood pressure dropped again under anesthesia. She was initially sedated with Propofol before being gassed. And for the record, I can totally understand how easy it would be to kill someone with that drug seeing how quickly it put Eve to sleep. Not that I'm trying to suggest that Conrad Murray murdered Michael Jackson, because I'm not one to make suggestions. I'm just saying he's guilty, that's all.

No issues with the gas mask today, so no need for IV sedation. (Hallelujah!) Eve came out of the panic room with nothing to show but a few extra sharpie marks.

1 down, 5 to go.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog on the BBC board and was so glad to check up on Eve's progress. She is such an amazing girl! I hope her radiation treatments go as smoothly as possible.

    ReplyDelete