Friday, February 26, 2010

My life, the circus.

I'm finding it increasingly hard to be both Eve's mom and Natalie & Daniel's mom. It's a skill I'm still trying to acquire. Thank you, friends, who have taken in my sometimes-orphaned children.

I took a break from cancer today to take Nat and Dan to the circus with their preschool. Most awesome field trip EVER, by the way. After being warned don't try this at home about twenty times, Nat watched a man leap through a flaming hoop.

"Can I try that at home, Mommy?"

Yes, it was a fun morning. And I spent $23 on two sno-cones without the slightest twinge of guilt. Hey, the cups lit up!

Matt took Eve to get radiated while we watched assorted wildlife dance. I did feel a slight twinge of guilt about that. Next year, Eve will get to join us.

5 down, 1 to go.

Tomorrow, Rocco will be shaving his head for baby Gwyn.

Take a look at Gwynzilla and tell me you don't want to donate!


Looking forward to the two day nuke break.

4 comments:

  1. you are refreshing. not refreshing like a hot shower after roughing it in the woods for a week, or opening up the first beer of the beach season while digging your toes in the sand...more like i look forward to reading the adventures of eve because her mom-o is clever on the keyboard. learning how to balance the regular mom doodies(yes, i mean what i spelled)while fighting off cancer is complicated. everything is situational. you taught me that btw. it's situational.

    i haven't seen you in action with your children, but i know you are a great mom. glad you started your weekend off with a fun field trip with the others(do you watch lost?), tomorrow should be another event to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. christy - i am having a hard enough time juggling all 3 of mine and all we have going on is a nasty case of the stomach flu. you are a wonderful mother and you are doing an awesome job. and... you are finding more time to blog than me complte with photos and lots of laughs. as kaylee and alyssa would say (thanks to grandma) "you are the sh&t!"

    glad you all had fun at the circus. can't beat $23 sno-cones. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy - I understand what you're going through. I've got a 2.5 year old in bilateral Wilms relapse treatment (since June 2008) and an 8-month old to boot. When we're dealing with cancer or infection issues, it's really, really difficult to juggle my duties as a father to the infant and a father / caretaker to The Boy. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I'm working hard at it. Feel free to stop by my blog - musicaldaddy.blogspot.com - or my wife's blog - logicalmommy.blogspot.com - for some commiseration and understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been emailing with your wife! I was actually reading your blog a few days ago- my favorite title is "C-diff, WTF?"

    WTF is right.

    Off to bed. Early to bed, early to rise, makes a girl glow from radiation.

    ReplyDelete