Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The cure.

(No, not The Cure.)

I'm going to through it out there again-

PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE TRIANGLE CURESEARCH WALK. Pretty please?


Don't you think every child affected by cancer should have someone walking for them?

Are you a reader of this blog from outside of central Carolina? How about signing up as a virtual walker for Team Eve? It's $10 to sign up. You can follow along on Facebook if you want to post inspirational messages like, "You guys are so totally awesome!" or "I want some of your awesome to rub off on me!"

It can rub off on you, just sign up. And please, whatever you do, don't say you wish you could attend but live too far away. Walk V-I-R-T-U-A-L-L-Y. You do not have to be there. The money that has been raised for CureSearch in the past was vital in saving Eve's life. I'd like to think we can help save someone else.

But here's the thing: it's going to take money. Lots of money. Which makes me wonder just how much money we're going to need to raise year after year. It makes me wonder why we don't have a cure to breast cancer. The pink ribbon is everywhere; everyone is aware and everyone is donating. So, how much money and how many years will it take to cure ALL the different types of childhood cancer?

Guess we better get started.

2 comments:

  1. Great news! I've gotten a commitment from several executives at Lenovo (corporate HQ in Morrisville, NC) to help spread the word and put together a team for the Triangle CureSearch Walk.

    Christy,
    I'll be in touch with you in late Oct / early Nov on the best way to promote this and set up the Lenovo team.

    ReplyDelete