Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hi, My Name is Nat

Nat and Dan are official members of SuperSibs. Today, SuperSibs sent them a book called Hi, My Name is Jack (A Book for the Healthy Siblings of Chronically Ill Children).

Matt read the book aloud to the kids, and got to the page with these words:
"Having a sister that is sick is sometimes hard for me. I bet it is hard for you sometimes, if you have a brother or a sister or a friend who is sick."

Matt: Is it hard for you that Eve is sick?
Natalie: No, it's not hard for me. It's hard for Eve!

That's a good thing to remember. I don't want to let cancer define who I am as a person. Eve was dealt a crappy hand; it's my job to support her. It's hard for HER, but maybe I can make it easier. Afterall, I control the Dum Dums.

5 comments:

  1. Wow - way to go Nat on the Maturity factor. Holy freaking cow!

    Sounds like you've been doing a good job with Nat and Dan through all of this - they are coping well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your whole family is amazing! How mature of Nat to think like that at her age.

    You are doing an excellent job of supporting Eve and the other children through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apples dont fall far from the tree.....
    You are such a fun-down to earth-good head on your shoulders person & to top it off an awesome mom. No wonder Nat feels that way

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the many things that makes you an incredible mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa says...Kisses to Nat! She is the super older sister! Kisses to Dan! Just cuz I know he is awesome, too! And kisses to Eve cuz for her it IS hard right now, but I know it won't be forever!!!

    ReplyDelete