Thursday, April 29, 2010

The compassion of siblings.

One of Eve's Chemo Angels sent the kids a package the other day with some gifts in it, including three Mickey Mouse lollipops from Disneyland. I let Dan and Nat have first dibs at the candy, Daniel choosing the green and Natalie choosing purple, leaving Eve with the orange pop.

Eve was not happy with this. She is used to getting what she wants when she wants it. And she wanted purple.

Eve: I want purple!
Nat: You get orange. The purple is mine.
Eve: NO! I WANT PURPLE!
Dan: Eve, Natalie has purple. You can have the orange.
Eve: I want green!
Dan: Green is mine.
Eve: I WANT GREEN!
Dan: Eve, when it's your birthday, I will give you an orange lollipop and a green lollipop.
Nat: Yeah! When it's your birthday, I'll give you an orange lollipop and a green lollipop, too.

-pause-

Nat: But first- it's not your birthday.

1 comment: