Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dungle Book.

I can't imagine wanting to see The Jungle Book one more time, but then again, I'm not the one who just had her abdomen cut open. Obviously, it's not me who's calling the shots.

Last night could have been worse. But then again, it really could have been much better. Eve woke up every 20-30 minutes until the sun came up. By that point she was so exhausted, she decided to try sleeping. We woke her up to give her some codeine and she quickly returned to a drug-induced power nap.

And what do you know? Upstairs Eve awoke 90 minutes later!

Never underestimate the power of proper pain management. The key is to stay ON TOP of it, rather than trying to play catch up. And apparently I'm the only one who seems to know this. Fine, I'll just have to be that mom.

Her waking demands were in the following order:
  1. Waisins
  2. Dungle Book
  3. Ice Cweam.


The raisins were easy enough because I always keep them in my purse. (I carry a pretty small purse, but you'd be surprised by all the stuff I can fit in it. Raisins and Dum Dums are just as important as my AmEx nowadays.)

Dungle Book was also easy because it had never been turned off and was playing in a continuous loop.

Ice cream just required a push of the nurse-call button. We should all eat ice cream in bed for breakfast, no?



Big improvements today. Keep the codeine coming, baby.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy the pain management is going better today. You and your family have been in my thoughts from the beginning. My daughter loves Dora. It's literally the first word out of her mouth when she gets up in the morning and we watch it at least 3-4 times a day (mom has to have her limits ;) ) I don't know if DVR is a blessing or a curse. -sherri (waterfall) from TM

    ReplyDelete